I always loved the combination of chocolate and banana. This loaf is decadent and chocolatey and has the perfect banana bread texture.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together ground flax and water in a small dish and set aside. Mash bananas.
- Cream together vegan butter and brown sugar. Add mashed bananas and stir to combine. Add flax egg and almond milk and stir to combine.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined. Add to wet mixture and stir to form a batter.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached.
- Allow to cool before slicing (otherwise it can crumble while you slice it). Enjoy!