This SOUPer easy recipe is my go-to for a holiday appetizer, a side for delicious grilled sandwiches and as an easy weeknight dinner idea when the weather gets chilly! I hope you love this simple squash soup recipe as much as I do!Print
Butternut Squash Soup
Creamy, vegan and gluten-free butternut squash soup. Perfect for fall!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1–2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups peeled and chopped butternut squash
- 1–1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper (more salt if needed)
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or coconut milk (canned)
- optional: 1 tbsp maple syrup
- in a large pot on medium heat, add the oil, onion and garlic and cook a few minutes, stirring frequently, until onion becomes translucent.
- Add squash and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally until squash is fork-tender.
- Add salt, pepper, sage, ginger and nutmeg.
- Once squash is cooked, blend soup using an immersion blender or regular blender, until smooth. If your blender cannot handle hot liquids, allow soup to cool before blending!!
- Pour soup back into pot and heat on low/medium. Add coconut cream and stir to combine.
- Heat soup, stirring frequently, until hot. Serve.