Tofu parm is a super easy weeknight dinner idea that you can serve a few different ways! Serve on toasted bread (like we did in this recipe), or over pasta or quinoa for a super tasty alternative.Print
Tofu Parm Sandwiches
Tofu parm! Not an exact replica of chicken parm of course, but a delicious vegan version nonetheless. Today we are devouring it in sandwich form (but feel free to serve with pasta too!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 12 oz. block of tofu, cut into 6 slices as shown in video below
- 2 tbsp egg replacer powder such as this one + 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan cheese (or make your own- there’s a recipe in my cookbook)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- your favourite bread for serving
- Slice tofu into 6 slices as shown in video below. Press tofu with a clean dish towel or paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg replacer and water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, breadcrumbs and vegan parm.
- Dip tofu pieces into “egg” mixture, then into breadcrumb mixture and coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- In a frying pan over medium/high heat, add oil. Once hot, add tofu slabs and fry 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown. I like to add salt and pepper while the cook.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Coat bottom of a baking dish with half the marinara sauce. Add tofu slabs in single layer, then spread remaining marinara overtop. Use as much sauce as you like. Add cheese and extra vegan parm if desired.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and/or golden brown. While it is baking, you can toast the bread.
- Add tofu slabs to bread, add some extra vegan parm or salt/pepper is desired and serve.