This pasta bake is a great weeknight dinner idea, especially if you love having leftovers for lunch the next day! Cozy, comforting and packed with plant-based goodness, definitely try this out ASAP!
For more tasty pasta recipes, check out my cookbook!Print
Meatball Pasta Bake
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
A super delicious vegan pasta bake with homemade Beyond Meat meatballs!
- 2 Beyond Meat burger patties
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 cups dry pasta
- 2 cups chopped mixed veggies (mushroom, onion, bell pepper)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 jar marinara sauce (approx 650 mL)
- splash of oat milk or nondairy milk
- 1 cup vegan cheese (for topping)
- 1 batch meatballs (see above) or 14 store bought veggie meatballs
- In a mixing bowl, combine all meatball ingredients except oil and mix to combine. Form 1-1.5 tbsp size balls of mixture and roll into meatballs. You should have about 14.
- Add oil to a pan on medium heat and cook 15 minutes, flipping and turning regularly to brown all sides.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta until cooked but slightly firm. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan. Add the veggies and oil and cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until veggies soften. Add marinara, oat milk, cooked pasta and meatballs and stir to combine.
- Add to a casserole dish, top with vegan cheese and bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
One of my favourite recipes of Liv’s so far. This is such a great, balanced meal; grain from the pasta (I used whole wheat to make it a bit healthier), lots of veggies, and protein from the beyond meat patties (which made amazing meatballs in a short amount of time). You could probably make your own tomato sauce to cut down on salt, but it was super delicious and makes great leftovers (or meal prep).