If you’ve been here for a while, you might be acquainted with one of my most popular recipes EVER- Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes. They truly are worth the hype, so if you haven’t tried them, definitely do!
Today, we’re building on that recipe a bit and making these incredible Coconut Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes. They use coconut yogurt and coconut oil, but we don’t stop there! They are topped with coconut whipped cream for extra luxe breakfast deliciousness. I prefer to just buy CocoWhip (which is similar to cool whip, but coconut-based and dairy-free!) but you can also make your own by whipping the cream from a can of full fat coconut milk with beaters or a stand mixer until fluffy.
I don’t love putting banana in my pancakes- I find it makes them a bit too heavy BUT feel free to add some in when you add the wet ingredients! I like to just add some on top right before serving 🙂Print
Coconut Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Yield: 6 pancakes
Fluffy vegan pancakes with chocolate chips, coconut whip and banana.
- 3/4 cup nondairy milk of choice (I used oat)
- 1/4 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup dark dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (divided)
- coconut whipped cream (for serving)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk and yogurt until combined. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Add milk mixture, 1 tbsp coconut oil and chocolate chips and stir until just combined (it will have lumps- do not overmix!)
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp coconut oil and spread it around evenly. Use use a 1/3 cup measuring cup for each pancake, leaving room to spread.
- Cook about 4 minutes, until edges are cooked and bubbles rise to the surface and burst (lift the pancake up to make sure the bottom is nice and golden as well). Flip and cook another 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Top with coconut whipped cream, banana coins and extra chocolate chips. Best served with a coffee or tea!
I didn’t have coconut yogurt so I just made these as chocolate chip banana pancakes. I replaced the yogurt with one mashed banana, and I also added 1/4tsp vanilla extract. I was out of regular all-purpose flour so I had to use self-rising flour, which already has baking powder in it so I only added the baking soda and didn’t add the baking powder. I used semi-sweet mini chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips. The pancakes turned out perfect! Super fluffy and delicious. I’ll definitely be making them again.