This pasta recipe is super special. Why? Because its one of those recipes that has hidden vegetables, but you would never know! By roasting a tray of veggies in the oven with some olive oil, salt and pepper, they get that amazing flavour – but we don’t stop there. They are then blended with a bit of tomato marinara sauce and coconut milk until smooth and extra creamy. The secret is using lots of olive oil and garlic. Truly the most amazing pasta sauce I have ever made! I always make extra so I have lunch later in the week.Print
Roasted Vegetable Pasta
A creamy, luscious pasta sauce made with roasted vegetables, garlic, tomato and coconut milk.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- 3 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- pinch of salt
- 1–1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1–1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 450g pasta (I used rigatoni)
- optional: vegan parmesan and fresh finely chopped basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- To a large rimmed baking sheet or large baking dish, add carrot, bell pepper, onion, garlic, oil and a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through, until carrots are soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Reserve pot.
- Add roasted vegetables to a blender with coconut milk and marinara sauce. Blend until smooth ( about 2 minutes total). Taste and add extra salt, if desired.
- Add cooked pasta and sauce back into reserved pot, and add chili flakes. Heat on low-medium, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Serve with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan and some fresh basil, if using.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4 days.