Happy Friday everyone! Today I am giving you my new favourite weeknight dinner, Pan-Fried Cauliflower Rice & Black Bean Tacos! This recipe just so happens to be naturally gluten-free and SO tasty, even if you aren’t avoiding gluten! Sometimes its nice to have a gluten-free recipe in your arsenal in case you are cooking for someone who can’t have gluten (for me, its whenever we have a family dinner that includes my aunt!)
But trust me, these crispy, golden, pan-fried tacos are so so so delicious. And actually quite simple to make! Sure, there are a few components, but with one skillet and a food processor or high-speed blender, you can make the entire recipe in less than one hour.
We have corn tortillas (naturally gluten-free, but make sure you read the package just in case, if you are sensitive to gluten), layered with a black bean and salsa puree, spiced cauliflower rice, and some vegan cheese. Then we pan fry until crispy and golden, and while they fry, whiz together all the Spicy Avocado Lime Cream ingredients.
And that’s it! How easy can it get, and everyone will keep reaching for more. Crispy, chewy, cheesy and creamy, what more could you ask for?!
Forget Taco Tuesday…
I think it should be taco night every night! This recipe is so fun and tasty, you’ll keep coming back to it week after week – or maybe that’s just me. I think I’ve been in a real taco mood lately!Print
Pan-Fried Cauliflower Rice & Black Bean Tacos (Gluten-Free)
- Total Time: 50 minutes (approx)
- Yield: 8 tacos
Crispy pan-friend corn tortilla tacos filled with black bean puree, cauliflower rice and vegan cheese. Served with a spicy avocado lime cream sauce.
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1/4 head of raw cauliflower, roughly chopped (it will make about 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice)
- 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, cumin, paprika, chilli powder and salt
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup of y0ur favourite salsa
- oil for frying
- 8 tbsp vegan shredded cheese
Spicy Avocado Lime Cream:
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, peeled and pit removed
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp each garlic powder and salt
- In a blender or food processor, add the chopped cauliflower and pulse until it is completely crumbled like grains of rice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil and when hot, add the cauliflower rice, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, chilli powder and salt. Stir to combine, then fry about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower rice is cooked and golden brown. Transfer cauliflower rice to a small bowl and set aside. Set skillet aside.
- Into the food processor, add the black beans and salsa and puree until mostly smooth (some small chunks or flecks of bean are okay!).
- Return skillet to medium heat and add a drizzle of oil. Add the black bean puree and cook about 5 minuets, stirring frequently, until thickened and less wet-looking. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Wash skillet, then dry and return to stove.
- Rinse food processor, no need to dry it completely. Into the food processor, add the avocado, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, water, garlic powder and salt. Puree until smooth and creamy. Set aside with the lid on so it doesn’t brown.
- Return the skillet to the stove and add enough oil so the bottom is fully covered. Heat on medium. Meanwhile, spread a heaped tablespoon of black bean puree onto a corn tortilla in an even layer, covering the entire tortilla. Add a spoonful of cauliflower rice and spread evenly. Add 1 tbsp shredded cheese, then fold the tortilla in half, pressing down lightly to seal. Repeat with all tortillas, and when oil and pan is hot, transfer each to the pan.
- Fry about 5 minutes per side, until crispy and golden.
- Remove tacos from the pan and serve with Spicy Avocado Lime Cream and some lime wedges and extra salsa. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes