A green smoothie that taste good, as well as being good for you?? It does exist! And this is it! There are a few key elements that make a green smoothie delicious. And the good news is, making it tasty doesn’t mean any of the health benefits have to be sacrificed! This smoothie is high in protein, contains a ton of wonderful plant ingredients, and will make you buzz with energy.
Key components to make a green smoothie taste good:
- the base: use a liquid base that you love the taste of. For me, its a mix of orange juice and coconut milk (the drinkable carton kind, not the super thick canned kind). The base adds the base flavour of the smoothie, so if its boring or not delicious, you likely won’t enjoy the smoothie!
- mild-tasting greens: my go-to is spinach! It is very mild, and not super bitter. If you’re new to green smoothies, start with a few leaves, and then work your way up to a larger amount when you get used to the flavour. I also enjoy kale, but that is the extent of the greens I allow into my smoothies. Otherwise it gets too bitter too fast.
- ripe banana: make sure you’re bananas and fruit are ripe and sweet!
If you stick to these guidelines, I assure you your green smoothie experience will be much more exciting and delicious!Print
Coconut Hemp Protein Green Smoothie
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1-2 servings
A delicious, high protein, green smoothie that taste great and makes you feel even better!
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (carton not canned)
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder
- a few ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients in high speed blender until smooth. Add a splash of water if too thick. Serve.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
Delicious thank you ❤️