Today we are making a vegan apple crisp – one of my favourite desserts. This is perfect to make for holiday dinners, or if you recently went apple picking and have a bunch left over. I love apple crisp in the fall – it reminds me of holiday dinners and family gatherings and is so warming and comforting.
PS: for more delicious desserts, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
This is a super simple & easy recipe for vegan apple crisp that is perfect for using up those apples in your fridge drawers! I love how quick this is to whip up on a cool fall afternoon.
- 5 cortland apples, peeled
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. Chop apples into bite-size pieces. Add to a mixing bowl with 1 tbsp brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar and vegan butter and use a form to cut in the butter so it makes a crumbly texture (see video for reference).
4. Add apples to an oven-safe casserole dish, then top with oat topping. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice-cream.