This recipe for grilled fall vegetables with a creamy sweet potato sauce (that is perfect for dipping or drizzling!) is a great side dish for holiday dinners or cozy lunches. And, you can easily double or triple the recipe if you are cooking for more people. To make this recipe, I used the Philips Indoor Smokeless Grill, which is essentially an electric grill that you can use to make all sorts of wonderful BBQ-type dishes in your own kitchen whether you live in a house, apartment or condo (without setting off the smoke detectors!). It’s perfect for this time of year because it is way too cold for me to stand outside, flipping and grilling my veggies.
If you can’t tell, I’m pretty obsessed with grilled vegetables, and in my opinion, local fall veggies are the best! Here I used some multi-coloured carrots, delicate squash, zucchini, and mini potatoes, all found at my local market. I sliced them up, tossed them in olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika, and laid them on the grill.
Then, just turn it on, cook for about 10 minutes, flip and cook another 10. Since they take about 20 minutes to cook, you have the perfect amount of free time to make the sauce. And just like that, everything is ready at the same time. If you slice a few too thin or have a few casualties like I did, it’s super easy to clean up by simply sliding out the bottom tray. The Philips Indoor Smokeless Grillis also super easy to set up and easily detachable with dishwasher safe removable parts and a non-stick grid that takes less than a minute to set up and clean!
Grilled fall vegetables with a creamy sweet potato sauce that is perfect for dipping or drizzling!
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 delicata squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups mini potatoes, sliced or halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
Creamy Sweet Potato Sauce:
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- optional: pinch of cinnamon
- Make sure veggies are fairly even in size, except the zucchini can be larger chunks as it takes less time to cook.
- Toss veggies in oil and spices.
- Lay on grill. Cook 10 minutes, flip, then cook another 10.
- Meanwhile, boil the sweet potato until tender. Run under cold water in a strainer to quickly cool it down before adding to the blender.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Drizzle sauce over veggies just before serving or use as a dipping sauce and enjoy!
♡ PS: for more easy and delicious vegan recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!