I love this meatball sub with sticky sweet & sour meatballs, fresh crisp veggies and a spicy mayo on top! For another twist on the classic meatball sub, check out this Spicy Italian version!
PS: for more delicious plant-based recipes, check out my cookbook!Print
Sweet & Sour Meatball Sub
- Yield: 2 subs
You’ll love this twist on meatball subs! Sticky sweet & sour meatballs, spicy mayo and crisp fresh veggies!
- 2 medium sub buns
- 6 meatballs (find my recipe here)
- 1–1/2 cups sweet & sour sauce (I use store-bought)
- 1/3 cucumber, thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 green onions (also called spring onions), sliced
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tsp sriracha (or more if you like more spice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Heat the meatballs and sauce in a medium frying pan on medium heat. Stir to coat and simmer until the sauce thickens and gets nice and sticky.
- Meanwhile, stir together the mayo and sriracha. Set aside.
- Slice the sub buns in half, then spread some spicy mayo on each. Add the meatballs, then bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and add cucumbers, carrots, green onion, basil and a drizzle more sauce. Enjoy!