This recipe is part of my new video series: The Coffee Shop Series – drinks and treats inspired by cafes. Each video contains a coffee or tea-based drink and a sweet treat that pair together perfectly! Don’t forget to try out the drink pairing for these berry crumble bars: a vanilla latte!
This recipe was adapted from this one by my good friend Hannah!
Berry Crumble Bars
These berry crumble bars are an amazing way to use up any fresh berries or fruit you have lying around! Feel free to experiment with different combinations of flavours!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
- 1–½ cups flour
- 1–½ cups oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 2 cups mixed berries (if using large berries like strawberries, make sure to chop them up)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- vegan white chocolate (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon until combined.
- Add melted vegan butter, maple syrup and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture. Firmly press the rest of the mixture into a parchment paper-lined square baking pan.
- Add mixed berries on top in an even layer and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar, orange juice and corn starch.
- Add the reserved crumble mixture on top. Press down lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes until top is golden brown. Allow to cool 15 minutes before slicing and devouring.
- As an optional step, melt some vegan white chocolate and drizzle it overtop before serving.