This recipe is from my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget! This recipe is super popular and continuously gets amazing reviews from my readers so I thought I would share it with you today. If you are interested in checking out my cookbook you can find it in many retailers and of course online. There are links to various retailers at the bottom of this page.Print
Red Pepper Fettucini
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
This is a perfect weeknight dinner recipe that also makes great leftovers! This recipe is from my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Spanish onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped red bell pepper (about 2 large)
- 10 oz. (300 g) fettuccini pasta
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup (125mL) raw cashews
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) ground pepper
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil, onion and garlic; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the bell peppers; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add the vegetable mixture, nondairy milk and cashews to a blender, setting the frying pan aside. Blend on high speed for about 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce back into the frying pan and heat over low heat. Add the salt and pepper; stir to combine. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly so the sauce doesn’t stick to the bottom, until slightly thickened. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Divide the pasta among 4 bowl and pour equal amounts of sauce over each.
I made this a few days ago and it was AWESOME! I did roast the peppers in the oven instead of sauteing them, and I had bow tie pasta instead of fettucine, but other than that I followed the recipe as written. I’m transitioning into being vegan and your recipes are definitely helping to make that transition easy.
I had leftovers and the 2nd day I added some vegan italian sausage and kale—perfection!