Last night Greg and I made garlic bread to go with our dinner. I was craving it again today, but I thought: how can I make garlic bread even better?! Cheese. Tomatoes. Balsamic drizzle. This recipe is simple, but perfect for a light lunch or an afternoon snack. You could also double recipe and cut each piece in half to have it as a side for dinner.
So many opportunities to make this delicious recipe! What have you all been cooking lately? Its getting chilly here so we are all about the pastas right now! However, I do get tired of pasta eventually so I think we will move on to curry soon. Expect a curry recipe in the near future!Print
Balsamic-Roasted Tomato Cheesy Garlic Bread
A cheesy garlic bread topped with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar drizzle.
- 2 slices rustic sourdough
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup approx vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- 2 roma tomatoes or 3 cocktail tomatoes, diced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch of Italian mix herbs (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil + 2 tsp balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Add 2 tbsp vegan cheese shreds to each.
- In a small bowl, combine diced tomatoes, garlic and pinch of salt. Stir gently to combine. Divide between pieces of toast.
- Top with remaining cheese shreds.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake 15 mins, until cheese is melted and edges are crisp. Increase heat to Broil (around 500 F) and broil for 3-5 minutes until top of cheese is crisp and or golden (some brands of vegan cheese will brown, some will not).
- Meanwhile, prepare balsamic drizzle: in a small bowl, combine oil and balsamic vinegar and stir.
- Remove from oven and drizzle the balsamic drizzle overtop. Enjoy!