Do you know how long it has been since I had a Rice Krispie square? Maybe… 8 years? I definitely haven’t had one since going vegan, so at least 6 years. How time flies when you’re not eating gooey marshmallow treats :(.
The other day I went to my fav health food/bulk store, Luminate, and found vegan pumpkin Dandies marshmallows. WHAT?! Who knew those existed? I was so excited, I picked up some rice crisp cereal (and a vegan white chocolate bar… right by the cash, how could I say no?!) and headed home to make these amazing treats.
We made Rice Krispie squares ALLLL the time as kids because they’re so easy, and even as young kids my mom trusted us to use the microwave on our own. So we made lots of these, but never a pumpkin spice version!Print
White Chocolate & Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Squares
Pumpkin spice vegan Rice Krispie squares topped with white chocolate and cinnamon.
- Grease a square 8×8 glass or metal baking pan.
- In a large pot on the stove, add vegan butter and heat on low-medium until melted. Add cinnamon and nutmeg and stir to combine.
- Add marshmallows and increase heat, stirring frequently, until marshmallows are melted and gooey. They don’t melt as well as non-vegan marshmallows, but they do get really soft and form a thick ball of marshmallowy goodness. Takes about 8-10 minutes total.
- Add rice crisp cereal and stir to combine.
- Press into prepared square pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour, until chilled.
- Optional: spread melted white chocolate on top and sprinkle cinnamon. Refrigerate another 30 minutes until set. Slice and serve. Enjoy!