I can’t think of a more “autumn” drink than something with ginger, cinnamon and molasses. Hence, my inspiration for this gingersnap latte! It’s basically autumn in a mug. Our fall this year has been absolutely incredible. The colours of the trees are so vibrant, BRIGHT oranges, yellows and reds are everywhere. Seriously, the forest looks like its on fire driving down the highway! But, in the best way.
I am under the impression that once you master at-home coffee, no coffee shop can top your own brew. It has taken me a while to master it but I can confidently say, the Liv B home coffee shop is my favourite place to grab a latte! And with this recipe, I think you’ll agree.
This recipe came to me when I baked a batch of my gingersnap cookies. I love them so much- and it got me thinking… could I make the coziest latte ever, using the same flavours as these cookies? Yes, yes I can. I filmed this recipe for a Coffee Shop Series episode on my YouTube channel. And if you haven’t seen all the other episodes, I’ll link the playlist here. SO. GOOD.Print
- Yield: 1 serving
A cozy, fall latte inspired by gingersnap cookies.
- Double shot of espresso (or about 1/2 cup brewed coffee)
- 1 cup nondairy milk like oat or soy
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sugar (or more, to taste)
- Coco Whip or homemade coconut whipped cream
- Crumbled gingersnap cookies
- In a small pot on medium heat, add all ingredients except coffee and whisk to combine. Heat, whisking vigorously until hot and frothy.
- Add coffee and milk mixture to mug. Add hot water if it doesn’t fill the mug all the way.
- Add coconut whipped cream and crumbled cookies, if using. I also added a sprinkle of cinnamon!
I just made this drink, right after the video was published and, OMG it is soooo good. It’s like autumn in cup!! It reminds me so much of a milk tea inspired by the movie Pony that i used to make all the time when i was young, but this version is so much better. I doubled the amount of ginger and molasses and it’s perfect for me 🙂
I am so happy you enjoyed it! xo Liv