I am soooooo excited to share these Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Cookie Bars with you because not only are they my new dessert obsession, they also only require 6 ingredients!!! It really does not get easier than this. I shared these bars with a ton of family and friends to get their opinion, since it was kind of a random recipe, and they got rave reviews from every single person!
We start off with a super simple graham cracker base. It is actually sort of tricky to find graham crackers with no honey, but if you don’t avoid honey you can just use regular graham crackers. For those who do avoid honey, there are a few gluten-free brands that are also vegan that I found in the natural/organic aisle of the grocery store. You could also use any other similar dry cookie that can be crumbled! I’m thinking golden Oreos would be insanely good as a base!!
The rest of the ingredients are pretty standard – vegan butter, dairy-free cream cheese (I linked to the brands I used there), flour, sugar and cinnamon!
These bars are inspired by snickerdoodle cookies which are cookies rolled in cinnamon sugar before baking to get a super tasty crackly outside. It is also a variation of my oreo cheesecake cookies recipe! I thought making them in bar form would be super fun, and I was right!Print
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Cookie Bars (6 ingredients!)
- Total Time: 1.5 hour (approx, including cooling time)
- Yield: 12 bars
Vegan cheesecake cookie bars, on a graham cracker crust, topped with cinnamon sugar.
- 18 graham crackers
- 2/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Cheesecake Cookie Layer:
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup flour
- topping: 1 tbsp sugar + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a square 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, blitz graham crackers until finely crumbled. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add the cinnamon and melted butter. Stir to combine into a paste-like consistency. Spread evenly into the bottom of the pan, pressing down firmly with your fingers so it is compacted.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, then remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, cream together vegan butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Drop dollops of the cheesecake cookie dough onto the graham crust, then, using wet or oiled fingers, press down and smooth into an even layer. Be careful not to press and spread too hard or you will disturb the base. Dipping your fingers in a bowl of water frequently helps the dough not stick to your hands so you can press it down gentler.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly overtop of the cookie bars.
- Bake in the oven for 24-26 minutes, until slightly browned on top, and dough on top looks set and not wet or soft. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing and serving.
- To cut, use a sharp knife to cut straight down the middle, then slice 6 times, creating 12 long bars.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
We made these and they were phenomenal! Please make some more easy cheesecake recipes!
You should note that the Graham crackers are whole Graham crackers (4 squares). I was unsure if you meant squares but quickly realized the 18 squares was not a paste consistency and 2 packs of Graham crackers (18 whole crackers = 72 squares) created the perfect consistency. Delicious recipe!!
Good tip! Thanks for the input!! 🙂
Okay this is GOOD!! Wow. Exceeded my expectations. I will be making this again and again.