Feast your eyes on this Vegan Hot Maple Ranch Nashville Chicken Sandwich! Stacked high with a juicy cutlet of crispy fried seitan chicken, fresh lettuce and ranch mayo, topped with a hot maple glaze! This is the burger of the summer!
Try not to drool over this flavourful burger you would have no idea is actually 100% plant based! This Vegan Hot Maple Ranch Nashville Chicken Sandwich is packed with the perfect balance of spicy, savoury, crunchy and juicy! Don’t sleep on this one!
What this vegan burger is made of…
If you’ve tried any of our vegan recipes before, you’ll know that Seitan is a household staple around here! My wife introduced me to her famous seitan chicken nugget recipe about 3 years ago now, and I can honestly say I’ve never looked back! I’ve tried plenty of seitan recipes over the years from homemade, store-bought, and even restaurant quality. All have had their unique twist and flavours (don’t get me wrong, I’ll eat it by the bucket load anywhere… and I have!), but there’s something special about how quick and simple this Vegan Hot Maple Ranch Nashville Chicken Sandwich recipe is compared to most! You have to give it a try for yourself, or if you’re not into sweet and spicy, try my new Fried Chicken Vegan Big Mac!
Once you have the base of this sandwich down, this is where it gets really fun! Like you’ve seen above, I’ve made this chicken recipe in all sorts of ways, from nuggets all the way to sandwiches and even Naked Chicken Chalupas. But something about basting this chicken patty in a Hot Maple glaze, topping it with crunchy lettuce and ranch mayo, make this Vegan Hot Maple Ranch Nashville Chicken Sandwich something special!
WATCH THE VIDEO
How you can make it for yourself:
The beauty of this Vegan Hot Maple Ranch Nashville Chicken Sandwich is that it’s SO easy to make. With a few easy to find household ingredients, and a few more that you’ll want to keep on hand from here on out, this can be made in almost no time at all. Whether you want to cut time by using an instant pot for cooking the seitan, or steam it in a pan, this is going to be one of the best vegan foods you’ll have ever tasted!
For any vegan or plant-based household, you’ll probably already have access to most ingredients already. Chopped lettuce, vegan burger buns, vegan mayo, and maple syrup. But to give your cooking a bit of an edge, I would also suggest heading to your local bulk store or grocery store to pick up plenty of vital wheat gluten, and some ranch seasoning (I can’t tell you how often I use ranch seasoning in my recipes or on my midnight snack popcorn cravings!)
These two ingredients will take your vegan cooking skills to the next level, and give you a great alternative to tofu and beans.
Try this Vegan Hot Maple Ranch Nashville Chicken Sandwich recipe today and let me know how you like it!
Looking for more fast food-inspired recipes?Print
Vegan Hot Maple Ranch Nashville Chicken Sandwich
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 sandwiches
The Vegan Hot Maple Ranch Nashville Chicken Sandwich is stacked with a juicy cutlet of deep fried seitan, fresh lettuce and ranch mayo, topped with a hot maple glaze!
For the Sandwich:
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1 cup finely chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
For the Chicken Patties:
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 cup vegan chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp paprika salt & pepper to taste
- 2–1/2 cups broth for simmering
- oil for frying
For the Hot Maple Glaze:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp water
- Make the Chicken: Whisk together seitan dry ingredients until combined. Add the 1 cup of broth and stir until it forms a dough ball. Knead a few times with your hands until dough has no dry spots.
- Add the rest of the broth to an instant pot. Divide seitan into two equal chunks and flatten into a “chicken breast” shape. Add to pot. Cook on “manual” for 15 minutes. Once it is done, quick release steam.
- Meanwhile, whisk together breading ingredients.
- Remove seitan from pot and carefully dip in breading mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Heat a large frying pan with a good amount of oil. When hot, add seitan and fry a few minutes per side until crispy and golden brown. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess grease.
- Make the Hot Maple Glaze: Whisk together Hot Maple Glaze ingredients and set aside.
- Make the Vegan Ranch Mayo: Whisk together ranch seasoning and vegan mayo and set aside.
- Make the Sandwich: Spread vegan butter on each bun. In a medium frying pan over medium heat, add the two buttered bun halves. Fry until lightly golden brown and crispy. Meanwhile, drizzle the glaze on all sides of the chicken.
- Begin to build your vegan Hot Maple Ranch Nashville Chicken Sandwich by layering the bottom bun, 2 tbsp ranch mayo, shredded lettuce, and seitan chicken patty. Top with extra ranch mayo sauce and close the sandwiches.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
Do you think the breaded patties could be baked or air fried instead of fried? Any suggestions on how to do so? I know it won’t be as crispy and delicious but I’m sure it would still be awesome.
They can be! Just spritz or drizzle with some oil and bake or air fry at 400 F for 10 mins per side or until crispy!
What if I don’t have an air fryer to cook the seitan the first time? Do I steam it like usual, if so how long?
Instead of an Instant Pot you can boil seitan on the stove for 45 minutes :).