This Tomato Basil Pizza with “Everything Bagel” Crust is the perfect at-home pizza that will satisfy all your cravings! I used the pizza dough recipe from my new book Liv B’s Easy Everyday, but you can use store-bought too if you want. Its brushed with some olive oil, sprinkled with “everything but the bagel” seasoning (homemade, click here) and layered with fresh cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil and some vegan cheese. I used Real Fake Meats cheddar for this, but you can use your fav or even go no cheese. Its so flavourful on its own!
Every bite is filled with delicious savoury, garlicky goodness. It is such a nice change from your typical tomato sauce pizza. It feels extra special and looks really beautiful too.
We like to bake the pizza on a fairly high heat (around 425 F) on a dark sheet pan. It’s the key to a perfectly golden crust that isn’t overdone underneath! The pizza also cooks really quick, in about 15 minutes, so its basically as fast as ordering delivery! And the best part is, you get to eat it fresh! No soggy, cardboard-scented pizza for us.
Tomato Basil Pizza with “Everything Bagel” Crust
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
A tomato and basil pizza with an olive oil and garlic base, and everything bagel crust.
- 1 small ball of pizza dough, enough for a 10 to 12-inch pizza
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1–2 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves (approx)
- pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Shape the pizza dough into a round pizza shape, dusting with flour as needed so it doesn’t stick. Place on a sheet pan or pizza stone.
- Brush pizza with olive oil, making sure to go all the way to the edges. Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning around the crust. Spread the minced garlic on the base in an even layer. Add tomato slices, the vegan cheese, and some basil leaves.
- Bake abut 15 minutes until the bottom and crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven, add a few more fresh basil leaves and and sprinkle of black pepper. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes