You are going to LOVE this VeganSalted Caramel Honeycomb Frappe! A creamy, salted caramel coffee-based frozen blended drink topped with coconut whip and homemade vegan honeycomb/sponge toffee.
It is 100% dairy-free and so easy to make in the Mr.Coffee Single-Serve Frappe™, Iced, and Hot Coffee Maker and Blender! Ps. Since I’ve gotten questions, you can buy this at Walmart, Amazon, London Drugs and Best Buy!
How to Make Honeycomb:
Make sure to read the instructions fully and watch the video as it can be tricky to get the technique right on the first try. I nailed it on my second try after tweaking some things, so I will outline all my best tips and tricks for success.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set next to the stove. Get a whisk and set it next to the stove as well.
- In a medium sized heavy-bottom pot, add the sugar, maple syrup and water and stir to combine.
- Place on stove on medium heat and use a spatula or large spoon to stir as it heats to dissolve the sugar completely. You want to stir it to help dissolve the sugar as it heats up (but don’t bring it to a boil or simmer yet), and once the sugar is dissolved, stop stirring completely and don’t touch it.
- Once sugar has dissolved and mixture is a clear brown, increase heat to medium high and bring sugar to a boil/simmer. It will expand and bubble up, but should only bubble up to a certain point and not keep bubbling higher in the pot. If you think it is bubbling too much, decrease heat slightly.
- Let it bubble away for about 7-9 minutes (set a timer) until the bubbling mixture has turned from a light colour to an amber colour.
- Remove from the heat, add the baking soda and whisk quickly to combine, but only until just combined, then use spatula to pour out onto the prepared baking sheet. You will need to work quickly as it begins to harden immediately.
- Let sit about 15 minutes to cool, then break apart with your hands.
How to Use The Frappe Maker!
It comes with super easy step by step instructions, but in case you’re on the fence about ordering the machine I’ll break down how to use it so you can see if it can fit into your routine :).
- Add 2 large scoops of ground coffee to the Follow instructions on frappe maker to add the Mr. Coffee® Single-Serve Frappe™, Iced, and Hot Coffee Maker.
- Use blender to measure water for brewing and add coffee & water to the machine.
- Add milk to the milk line, ice to the ice line, then brew coffee directly into blender jug.
- Add syrup and xanthan gum to the blender, then press blend and let it run the automatic blend function until smooth.
How to Customize this Vegan Salted Caramel Honeycomb Frappe:
Simply swap out the salted caramel syrup for anything! Use a chocolate sauce to make it s mocha, vanilla bean for a lighter taste, or even a unique syrup like my favourite chocolate chip cookie dough flavour! The brand I always use is Torani!
Looking for more coffee shop-inspired recipes to make at home?Print