Looking for some weekend brunch inspo? Why not try this amazing Vegan Granola-Crusted Candied Peach French Toast, made with only a few simple ingredients! It is great served with maple syrup OR the caramel sauce that the peaches cook in *heart eyes*. Golden brown granola-crusted vegan French toast topped with caramelized candied peaches.
The Candied Peaches:
Here comes the fun part. To make these vegan candied peaches, all you have to do is slice your summer fresh peaches, toss them in a pan with vegan butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Measure with your heart, and they’re sure to come out delicious! You can’t really go overboard with the butter and sugar because it all caramelizes into a peach brown sugar caramel sauce that is to die for!
Why this Vegan Granola-Crusted Candied Peach French Toast is so good…
You can make this for any vegan skeptic and they won’t believe it isn’t made with eggs. Its just as golden, crispy and chewy, but doesn’t require any animal products whatsoever. Perfect for vegans, anyone with egg or daily allergies, or anyone who wants to branch out and try something new! You don’t have to be vegan to enjoy this Vegan Granola-Crusted Candied Peach French Toast, promise!
Okay this might be an unpopular opinion (or maybe you feel the same?!) but I prefer French toast to pancakes. I don’t know why… but pancakes always give me a weird feeling in my tummy after I eat them! It’s like my body knows its really just eating cake for breakfast. Don’t get me wrong, I can demolish a stack of pancakes easily, but if given the choice I would always choose French toast! Something about the crispy edges and chewy soft center just makes my mouth water! Also, I love that you can use whatever bread you like for French toast. Sourdough, slightly stale white loaf, multigrain for a heartier taste like I used here, or even a high protein bread if you want it for post-workout refuel. Its so versatile!
But you know what? Vegan French toast was one of my biggest disappointments for a long time. It just never turned out right, and it took me a while to master. But now that I have completely and totally mastered it, I am so excited to come up with variations! The original version is incredible, but I have to be honest, this super summery version might top it.
Looking for more French toast recipes?
Eggnog French Toast with Maple Caramel
Pumpkin Pie Vegan French ToastPrint
Vegan Granola-Crusted Candied Peach French Toast
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 pieces (8 triangles)
Golden brown granola-crusted vegan French toast topped with caramelized candied peaches.
- 4 slices thick bread (slightly stale or sourdough work best so it doesn’t get soggy), cut into triangles
- 1/2 block firm tofu (approx 6 oz.)
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp vanilla (I like a lot of vanilla)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups crushed granola
- oil or vegan butter for frying
- 4 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Start by making the batter: add the tofu, plant-based milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into a shallow bowl. Pour granola into second shallow bowl. Place near the stove so you can dip and quickly get it into the pan (to avoid soggy granola).
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat and add a few tablespoons of vegan butter or oil. When it starts to sizzle, dip a slice of bread into the batter, then quickly dip the other side. Dip in the granola and then place in the pan. Cook a few minutes per side until golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the bread.
- To a frying pan on medium-high heat, add the vegan butter and brown sugar. When butter is sizzling, add the peaches and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until peaches are coated in syrup and softened.
- Top french toast slices with peaches and caramel sauce. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes