5-Minute Coffee Cake in a Mug! Fluffy, moist vanilla cake, rippled with cinnamon swirl and topped with crunchy cinnamon topping!
I’m convinced there is nothing more magical than a mug cake. I mean, 5 minutes, a few ingredients, and then you have… cake?! All for yourself?! It is truly one of my favourite kitchen hacks for those days when you want a sweet treat but don’t have a lot of time. Also great if you don’t want an entire giant coffee cake sitting around you kitchen that you’ll snack on all day instead of eating real meals (guilty)!
This recipe couldn’t be easier, yet still has all the best parts of coffee cake: that cinnamon ripple in the middle, and the crunchy top! I just love this recipe so much and I hope you do too.
Ps: mug cakes are best made and eaten right away, so don’t plan to let this sit on your counter for too long before you enjoy it, because they tend to dry out quickly!
Find the easy recipe in this video where I show you how to make this mug cake and 2 other amazing vegan treats!
Looking for more yummy mug cake recipes?Print
5-Minute Coffee Cake in a Mug
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 mug cake
Fluffy, moist vanilla cake, rippled with cinnamon swirl and topped with crunchy cinnamon topping!
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar + 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Set aside 1 tsp of melted butter.
- Combine the rest of the melted butter, milk, sugar and vanilla and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder. Add the wet mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture into your mug. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Add the other half of the batter and smooth on top. Add the rest of the cinnamon sugar, then drizzle with the 1 tsp of melted butter.
- Microwave on high for approx 1 minute 20 seconds, until slightly puffed up in the center (it shouldn’t look wet on top, it should be slightly springy to the touch.
- Remove and let cool a few minutes before eating. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute 20
I just made this mug cake and it was absolutely delicious <3 I also added some pecans on top 🙂
yum!! I love pecans so much!!!
Followed the recipe as written and after 1:20, the batter still looked undone so I microwaved it for another 30 seconds. Tasted great and satisfied my sweet tooth! But didn’t really come out as a cake-like consistency, more like sugary butter.
all microwaves can have different results which is the annoying part about mug cakes – sorry yours wasn’t as fluffy!! <3
This mug cake came out perfectly! Personal preference only: I think I will cut back to 1 tbsp sugar for the cinnamon-sugar mixture. It was a bit too sweet for my taste (and felt like a lot of topping in my mug) but still so so good and the perfect texture.
So happy you enjoyed 🙂
Overall ok, but I find the explanation by the grammar guru insufficient. I understand that she wants to keep it simple but in this lesson, it does not help.
Can this be baked instead of microwaved? If so, how would you go about doing so?