Today we are making this incredible Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Snack Mix. I can’t think of a better recipe to share with Superbowl Sunday coming up. And this year, its Super Bowl LIV (Super Bowl Liv… hahaha) so I feel like if I am going to share Super Bowl-friendly recipes this is my year to do it.
You may spot some similarities between this recipe and my Savoury Herb & Garlic Snack Mix. That’s because the base ingredients are the same! I did this on purpose, you see. I love to buy all the same ingredients and then just split it between two pans- one sweet and one savoury. That way everyone is happy! I’m definitely a sweets person whereas Greg is all about the salty snacks, so it works.
The idea is the same: combine all the yummy snack mix ingredients in a bowl – I use shreddies (the little shredded wheat squares), pretzels, cornnuts (we didn’t use any real nuts- they’re a bit heavy for this), corn chip strips, and sesame strips, all from Bulk Barn. But feel free to get creative! You could add in cinnamon toast crunch, cocoa pops, granola clusters or even chocolate chips (after the mix has cooled!)
Then, coat in melted butter and then toss in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for a few minutes until golden, then set aside to cool completely before serving. It really couldn’t be easier, but is SO delicious!Print
Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Snack Mix
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: approx. 2.5 cups
A sweet snack mix that tastes like snickerdoodles!
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1/2 cup shreddies
- 1/2 cup cornnuts
- 1/2 cup sesame strips
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 4 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pretzels, shreddies, cornnuts and sesame strips.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar until combined.
- Pour melted butter over snack mix, then stir gently to coat. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar overtop and toss gently to coat.
- Spread in an even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway throughly until golden and fragrant.
- Let cool completely on the pan before adding to a serving bowl. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days (if you even have any left over!). Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins