This recipe is your new go-to for quick, creamy, CHEESY vegan mac & cheese. There is NO cashews, NO potatoes and NO blending required and it all happens in one pot! I have made this for vegans & non-vegans and everyone has absolutely loved it.
♡ PS: for more easy and delicious vegan recipes, check out my cookbook Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget!Print
A creamy mac and cheese made in 10 minutes and in only ONE pot! This is the best recipe I have found thus far for an easy vegan mac and cheese that doesn’t require a blender or a ton of ingredients!
- 2 cups macaroni
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic powder (if you really like garlic add 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- pepper to taste
- To a large/medium pot, add macaroni, water, dijon, salt and garlic powder and stir well. Bring to a light boil, stirring frequently so it doesn’t stick. Cook until liquid is absorbed and pasta is cooked. If it starts getting sticky, you can add some splashes of extra water. Different brands of pasta may require more or less water, so have that extra 1 cup on hand to add in gradually just in case.
- Meanwhile, stir together the almond milk, nutritional yeast, tahini and lemon juice until creamy.
- When the pasta is cooked, add the sauce, vegan cheese and pepper and stir until cheese melts. Enjoy!